Cc: oaog@egroups.com, Lew Gramer (me) <dedalus@alum.mitdot edu>
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Late July meteors...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:19:10 -0400
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com>

Pierre Martin aka "The Big Eye" writes:
>Just a short note to say I had another productive night of meteor
>observing July 27/28 (LM=6.4). The South Delta Aquarids appear to
>be quite active, but have an abundance of fainter meteors.

My observations that night (about two hours Teff, 0530-0730 UT) also
agree closely with those of Pierre, Wes and others: namely, moderate
and interesting activity from the SDAs (notwithstanding that I have
to observe them from a relatively northerly site in S. Rhode Island
USA), but of fainter avg. mag. than the Sporadics (of all classes).

Also I had a somewhat surprising number of Alpha Cygnid candidates:
four or possibly five within two hours Teff, if I recall.

I have data from two previous Fridays (20/21 and 27/28 Jul) which I
will try to transcribe and summarize this week. Clear skies all!

Lew Gramer

------- End of Forwarded Message