[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) photos of perseids

Hello !

> Maybe a "compromise" brought about in part due to the moon would be
mounting
> the cameras on the equatorial drive, stopping down to f/2.8, still using
ISO
> 3200 film and exposing for 5-10 minutes, far away from the Moon?

Our last experience with the moon was november 2000 Leonids.
Exposure time as long as 5 minutes at FD 1.8 50 mm on 400 iso films were
tested. But the photos were almost overexposed with sky very clear and
meteors very faint.
The best shots were from a friend using fuji 800 with a 50 mm (FD unknown,
but well open), exposure time : 3 minutes each time. This photos were very
good under so poor conditions.

Good luck!
Christophe