[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) August 7/8 casual observation

Hi!

   Since the sky was very clear here, I thought I'd give the Perseids a
shot in the morning hours. I came out at 3:14 local, to find my backyard
brightly lit by the Moon. Yuck. I set up an began my watch. Much to my
surprise the LM was very good. I faced Ursa Minor and my LM was 5.7! M31
and Perseus Double Cluster were nicely visible and the Milky way was
visible as a faint bright band.
  I waited until 3:28 for the firs meteor to appear. It was a +2m yellow
Perseid. One minute later a +1.5m blue perseid appeared. Since the show
was poor (no wonder) I packed up and left at 3:34.

Clear skies!

Jure A.