[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) technique

I would like to start a new line of discussion and inquiry.  I havent seen much discussion of observing technique (it may be a given) during teff.
How far do you allow your eye to drift from the 'center' of your chosen field of view.

For myself, I have experienced a number of different behaviors (of the eye) during sessions. I am wondering within your given criteria for movement what 'tricks' do you employ to discipline the wandering eye.

I have experimented with the "Zen" mode on occaision - that is to fix the eye in one spot near a chosen star and not move at all. This does some peculiar things to the retina and perceptionwhich I am sure some of you can put a technical description to.

There are also the REM's right before you fall asleep in your lounge chair  :-)

Tom