[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids from the Sierra Nevada Mts.

In a message dated 8/14/01 5:17:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
greggpasterick@yahoo.com writes:

Gregg>>...we're in Nevada County, Soda Springs, just off
Donner Pass Rd,about 5 miles from Donner Lake, a mile
from I-80 (hidden but ya sure can hear it). And only
about 5 miles from one of these wildfires!

It is incredible here...so different from the mts. of
North Carolina and the dunes of Lake Michigan and much
flatter Ohio.<<

I know the area quite well....use to roam around Donner lake and along I-80
during my younger years. Enjoyed the Yuba river a lot. There's some dark
skies there....as well as deep snow.  :o)   That's about where the roads get
closed during winter snow storms.
GeoZay