[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) technique

In a message dated 8/17/2001 7:06:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
enders_gt1@prodigydot net writes:

<< I have experimented with the "Zen" mode on occasion - that is to fix the
eye in one spot near a chosen star and not move at all. This does some
peculiar things to the retina and perception which I am sure some of you can
put a technical description to.

Tom:

One thing which happend here is that after about six seconds or so the
chemical reactions which cause vision seem to drop and things at the
center of view seem to disappear.  This is the Troxler Phenomenon.

Viewing up to 5 or 6 seconds can improve the view, then one must
move one's eye around a little.

Bob Young