[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteors S FL USA, GRALE, 12/13 Aug 2001

Last night (Sunday night) in Long Key, our weather sadly followed the same pattern it had established the previous two nights: a lovely, mostly clear sky until some time after 1am Local, when banks of cirrus would gradually creep in from the East...

Still, myself, Jeff Wilson, my sister and family, and Mr Jim Cooper of the Florida Keys Astronomy Club all enjoyed a very sociable evening of conversation, stargazing (and meteor recording), and good use of a mosquito coil.

Tonight's weather portends a repeat of "cirrus white out" conditions, and so I've taken the time as the gentle purple twilight settles over the lapping waters on the sandbar before me here, to type in another report of last night's activity.

0336-0551UT 12/13 Aug 2001
GRALE, Long Key FL USA
Teff=1.8, LM=7.2, F=1.05
Total 51 meteors: Spor 20, PER 22
SDA 3, NDA 1, CAP 3, SIA 2, KCG 0, PAU 0

I sure hope skies tonight prove me wrong and clear. But if not, I will rest up, keeping in mind that I have a good four, maybe five more nights in this most dark and inviting of places.

Clear skies all!
Lew Gramer