[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Coming in November Sky & Telescope: "Is This the Leonids' Year?"

Browsing the Sky & Telescope Web site today, I noticed the following
'teaser' for an article in their November issue:

  Is This the Leonids' Year?
  Six experts predict 5,000+ meteors per hour during November's
  shower; two others disagree. We've got the full story."

Jumping to the conclusion that some or all of the eight experts
mentioned may be 'meteorobs' readers, I wanted to ask if any of them
would be willing to give us here on the list a "sneak peak" into the
nature of the "full story"! Interestingly, I believe the above article
may have been written BEFORE Dr. Jennisken's talk at the Meteoroids
Conference - since S&T goes to press today, and their dead-line for
article and feature submissions is six months ahead of publication.

A sincere thanks ahead of time to our "resident theorists", for any
insights they can share on these soon-to-be published predictions.

Lew Gramer