[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: Casual meteors 14 Sep 2001, 13 UT - possible radiant near 060+20?

About a Possible Radiant at 060+20 for 14 Sep. Robert Lunsford wrote:

>This sounds to be a bit too far west to be associated with the northern
>apex radiant. If I recall correctly I have some old plots which reveal a
>radiant in Taurus this time of year. When I find some time I'll try to
>dig them up.

  Now I remember that radiant. I too plotted several from that location
back in 1995 and 1996. I refered to them as September Bulls (so as not
to confuse them for the Taurids). The history should be in the archive of
old meteorobs listings from that time. In fact, now that my memory has
been jared, I commented that I saw more of them than Alpha Triangulids
those years. I believe this activity was first noted by Robert Lunsford
and confirmed by me (and perhaps others).

GWG