[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Auroa [sic]

Heya Lew and list members!

> In other words, while we are all waiting in breathless anticipation for
this
> Fall and Winter's many meteor showers, and observing and discussing the
very
> occasional minor shower in between, it is perfectly acceptable for us all
> chat about such exciting aspects of the naked-eye sky as the aurora, I
think!

With that said I would like to tell the list about 3 satellites Myself and a
stargazing buddy seen a few months ago while out looking at/for dso's.  It
was around 9:30pm EST when we spotted them.  They were in a perfect triangle
formation heading from the north to south moving at the same speeds.  I have
been looking for some information on mutiple satellites working together but
found nada.  Anyone know what this may have been?

A note:

 We waited the 90 minutes to see if they passed overhead again but either it
was too late to see them or they are higher then the 220 miles up.which
means tit would take longer then 90 minutes to orbit 1 time.

Clear Skies!!

Mark

Follow-Ups: References: