[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Recent Observations: September 2001

North American Meteor Network
Recent Observations: September 2001

The number of observations we received went down during the month of
September. Our thanks go to the following eight observers who were able to
take some time out and devote to meteor observing:

Dustin Brown, USA
George Gliba, USA
Rosely Gregio, Brazil
Robert Lunsford, USA
Pierre Martin, Canada
Huan Meng, China
Wes Stone, USA
Harry Waldron, USA

The August observation of Dustin Brown, with 10 Perseids recorded, was
unfortunately omitted from our report last month so is included here. The
final totals for September alone included 18.56 hours of observations during
7 different nights. Shower totals included:

Aries-Triangulids (ATR) - 1
Delta Aurigids (DAU: also known as September Perseids - SPR) - 19
Kappa Aquarids (KAQ) - 3
Southern Piscids (SPI) - 33
Sporadics (SPO) - 171

Below are listed the observing periods received by NAMN, and provided to the
International Meteor Organization:

August 11/12:
Dustin Brown (Teff=1.00, 10 PER, 1 SPO)

September 12/13:
Harry Waldron (Teff=0.50, 1 SPO)

September 14/15:
Pierre Martin (Teff=1.72, 1 SPI, 13 SPO)

September 15/16:
George Gliba (Teff=1.00, 1 ATR, 3 DAU, 1 KAQ, 2 SPI, 10 SPO); Pierre Martin
(Teff=3.93, 3 DAU, 4 SPI, 37 SPO); Huan Meng (Teff=0.92, 3 SPI, 23 SPO)

September 17/18:
Robert Lunsford (Teff=3.67, 7 DAU, 1 KAQ, 9 SPI, 27 SPO)

September 19/20:
Robert Lunsford (Teff=2.33, 1 KAQ, 6 SPI, 14 SPO)

September 20/21:
Wes Stone (Teff=1.00, 1 DAU, 3 SPI, 21 SPO)

September 25/26:
Robert Lunsford (Teff=3.49, 5 DAU, 5 SPI, 25 SPO)

Good luck, and clear skies during October!

Mark Davis, sc.meteors@home.com
Goose Creek, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator
North American Meteor Network (NAMN)