[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) CURMA Orionids 2001 Oct 20 12h-15.2h

Observing from 7000' up Mauna Kea, there didn't seem to be much
telescopic activity from the Orionids, but I did see plenty of visual
Orionids while aligning the telescope and plotting.  This included six
inside a minute; and four in another minute.  I also caught the flares
of two fireballs, one as it disappeared behind a bank of clouds at the
core of the Zodiacal Light.  Couldn't say if these were Orionids.
The paths were two short.  Totalled 36 telescopic meteors in about 2.3
hours, LM ~7.3, before the cloud and dewing ended the session.  I'm
hoping for a longer series of watches tomorrow.

Malcolm Currie

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html