[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball 15 October 2001

    The Sandia all-sky at Courtenay B.C. recorded a fireball on the above
date.  This fireball flared brightly then blinked out for a second and then
flared again.  I thought it had gone behind an obstruction (tree or cloud).
A reporter from northern Washington observed this fireball and it exhibited
the same characteristics.  I have noted in the past that some meteors do
reduce in intensity and sometimes increase in brightness again often ending
in a terminal flare.  Completely extinguishing and then flaring up again I
think may be unusual.  Have any of you visual observers experienced this
effect before?

Ed Majden

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html