[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) How many particles are in that trail?

Jeff,

1. I think that those numbers are in fact the revolutions of the parent
comet (so one rev. is about 33 years) after such dust trail was produced.
The periods of the dust trails could be different from the comet and
I'm not sure whether it could be very different with the comet's?

2. The flux is also influnced by how near is the earth with respect to
the center of each dust trail at their minimum distance, which is variant
for different years and different dust trails.

Clear skies, Jin

--
Jin Zhu                             | Tel.:  +86-10-62756286 (O)
National Astronomical Observatories |        +86-314-5520267 (Schmidt dome)