[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observing sites around Los Angeles

The site you mention sounds good, but I do not have time to try it before Saturday.  I still plan to head for Joshua Tree depending on what the weather map shows Saturday.  Mount Pinos is actually the best site I have found for low LM in easy driving distance, but it is surrounded by high trees blocking much of the sky.  The best location I ever had was on top of Pinos at the Condor observation site.  The road to that site has been closed for years.  If I were able to hike, I think I would climb that for
observing meteors. I saw some great showers there.