[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids wx (was Re: Leonids fever)

I've been watching the models all week & it keeps going from bad to worse
for us here in AR.  We spoke to a forecaster this morning who said if we
expect to see anything, we'll have to leave AR; even though the official
forecast calls for partly cloudy, he says it will be mostly cloudy.  He told
us to look to the E or NE, so we're thinking either Sikeston MO or Jackson
TN areas, but I haven't looked at the forecasts for those areas yet.

Prior to this week we were of the opinion that we might head out to the
TX/OK panhandle region, but they may still have clouds.

> Good luck I am stuck in OK and it doesn't look good.  We have to
weathermen
> in our club so they are keeping us informed.  Tulsa is expected to have
> thunderstorms Sunday morning, but its just a chance.  Where to drive is a
> big question.  Anyone in Missouri or Arkansas have a forcast better than
OK.

> David Stine dstine@exposquare.com
>

> > And now the cloud model John Krempasky wrote about is making New
> > Mexico look better!  But I told myself it's over two days from now,
> > and what can one do anyway but hope for the best.  It definitely
> > looks better than almost all of Texas.
> >
> > In the cloud model 6:00 Nov 18 UT, the Tennessee and Ohio valleys,
> > really from Alabama on up to southern Ontario, look pretty good.
> > The 12:00 Nov 18 UT doesn't look quite that good, but it's still
> > way better than Texas.  Some of the Great Plains areas look pretty
> > good for that morning also, in these two-day-away models.

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: