[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Qwik ZHR calculations for Peak Timing

Hi All,
	I have done a crude ZHR calculation for my observations, for what it's
worth. 2 Clear peaks emerged. I did 2 sets of calculations, with r=2.0 and
r=2.5. These are based on a moving 15 minute bin. Using smaller bins would
of course create much higher ZHR's at the peaks. Be aware that observations
ended at Nautical Twilight at 10:45 UT. The purpose is not to give ZHR's
but rather to determine the timing of peaks. Other than the 10:27 peak,
which is +/- 2 minutes, the others are +/- 5 to 10 minutes.

UT Time ZHRr=2.0 ZHRr=2.5  15 Min Bin EquivilentHourly Rate
10:27        1314        1675       708
~0930        751          942       320

A few other less significant peaks were at

~0853        463          583        180
~0818        383          482        136
~0607        306          382         56

Just throwing it out there.....

Wayne
New Jersey Astronomical Association

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html