[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leo peak China

----- Original Message -----
From: <zj@vega.bac.pkudot edu.cn>

> Your webpage is quite nice.

Thank you!

> It seems that the answer to whether the meteors we saw came from different
> revolutions might be derived quite precisely from the photographic and
vedio
> multi-station observations during the expeditions. I can not help but
> thinking how the final result will look like.

Indeed, perhaps the data will allow an exercise similar to what we did with
the 1998 video data, published in Earth, Moon & Planets 82-83, p. 295-304.
Although I fear that will be more difficult than with the 1998 data.

> I was thinking about observe 2002 Leonids somewhere in US. However, from
> your statement, perhaps I should think about staying in China for that?
:-)

It is good to have data from anywhere on this planet. But what about a trip
to Europe, most notably the Iberian peninsula? And if you do not just go for
leonids, the USA is a great place to visit, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to
Arizona last month! Anyway, let's wait what future analysis will yield.

By the way, I understood from my friends that they had a great time in
China!

Regards,

Marco

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html