[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Automated Meteor Observing--S&T May 2001

The articled sited in my subject line described an impressive effort for detecting and analyzing
meteors. I just came across it again recently. Did the author produce a web site with more info
since then? I don't know much about the optical h/w he describes but the price tag looks a little
formidable: inage intensifier, video camera, and lens, I think. He estimates price anywhere from
$300 to $1000. Has anyone found a set of components that include any of the inexpensive SuperCircuit
camera for this sort of work? The PC-23C, in the past, and now the PC-164C seem to have caught the
attention of some meteor and occultation observers.

--
       Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA

                "The Driver Carries No Spoons." -- Seen on an ice cream truck

                       Web Page: http://home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews
           Imaginarium Museum: http://home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html