[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 03/04 Jan 2002, Medford MA USA, GRALE (was Re: Quads a loss in East GA)

Two other quick notes on last night's evening session: First, due to a cold, I
had to do the observing session in my backyard. So even though transparency was
remarkably good for Medford, my LM remained poor due to rampant light trespass.
(The moon did not rise until well after my session, by the way...)

Second, I had planned on going to a darker site later (for a 1am LMT session),
but just did not feel it was wise considering my health. So unfortunately, the
1.18 hrs evening Teff will probably stand as my total for the 2002 Quadrantids.

Still, for those with clear skies AND sinuses tonight, Marco's very timely note
about continued measurable activity from the QUAs (thank you, Marco!) should be
enough to get you under the sky for more observing: after all, the "tail" of
this year's Quads is just as important as the peak was... AND you can hope to
see more tonight (once the radiant is high) than you'll be likely to see again
for a few months to come. So go out and enjoy the cold! And as always, if you
get to go out tonight, let us know what you've seen, here on 'meteorobs'... :)

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer