[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Beginner's Guide

"A Beginner's Guide to Meteor-Scatter Operation - Part 1" is in the Summer
issue of CQ VHF magazine, pp. 38-44.  (It's in the mail now, but may not be
on a lot of the magazine racks).  Part I has a brief history of MS,
background, definitions, etc., as well as a sidebar on the Perseids.

Part II will be in the Fall issue, due out about the first of November
(just in time for the Leonids) and will cover procedures for SSB and HSMS
(CW & FSK441), among other things.

Since you're on this reflector and reading this, *you* probably don't need
this article. But how many VHF operators do you know who have no idea what
they're missing because they can't make meteor scatter contacts every
morning like we do? Maybe you should point *them* to this article.

(If you don't want to spend the money for it, Perseids and Leonids
summaries, with links to more info, are on the Hot News Page.  But this
issue also has some good articles, also).

http://www.qsldot net/w8wn/hscw/papers/hot_news.html