[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Point Fireball over Hawaii island

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Linnolt <mlinnolt@alum.mitdot edu>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 5:06 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Point Fireball over Hawaii island

> Last night I was up on Mauna Kea observing variables and the new comet
(2002 O4 - surprisingly bright already at m1=9.2!) At 10:23 pm I noticed a
bright flash from the south over Mauna Loa. Turning quickly, I saw the
ending of what appeared to be a -8 mag nearly-point fireball! It came from
the Ara/Norma border region just south of Scorpio's tail... No persistent
train was evident, probably due to the extremely short path.

> BTW, any thoughts on a possible meteor trail encounter with this new comet
Hoenig? (2002 O4)

> Aloha & clear skies,
> Mike
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

_____________________________

Hi Mike,

Great observings. I congratulate you for this and for some more that you
wrote along your report.

The fact of this is: hereby I have been getting chances of seeing these
kinda fireballs in such a frequence that, I myself can not have due time to
report them.

Now that I'm at meteorobs, having more details of 'this and that', I will
try to post some of what I am used to see in the sky site of my (the sea
view), having on the most, the horizon up.
Does it happen with such a frequence with you too? I mean, with the horizon
up observation site?

Greetings from Braszil,

Marco Valois - mvallois@hotlink.com.br