[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Perseids... Earthgrazers?

Mark,

Regardless of your location, the best time to look for Perseid
earthgrazers is just as soon as it becomes dark. Mark Linnolt is correct
in that the further north you are located, the less of a chance you have
to see these earthgrazers. I'm located at 33N latitude and have seen
many Perseid earthgrazers between 9-10pm local daylight time.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford

Mark777ebay@aol.com wrote:

> Hi-  Just wondering if anyone could advise the best time to look for earthgrazers from South Carolina?  Are we too far south?...
>
> I was also wondering if anyone had thoughts on how earthgrazers compare between Perseids and Leonoids....  (as in 1998 (Leo) I saw some great earthgrazers from South Carolina)
>
> Many thanks for anyone with any help on these-
>
> Mark

Follow-Ups: References: