[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Observation August 2/3 (KACJA)

*** I have sent this mail twice, but apparently it never came through. I
appologize if you get multiple posts. JK ***

Hi All,

I observed again on Friday night. The weather forecasts were quite good
but the reality was a bit different. There were a few clouds low in the
east but that did not bother me. More annoying were low altitude clouds
that covered my site from time to time. I even had to make a 9-minute
break when they lowered my LMs to about +3.
I recorded 16 meteors, 5 of them being shower members. These included two
Perseids, two Capricornids, and one Southern Delta Aquarid. As a bonus, a
nice -1 Perseid was seen during the break, and a short +2 Capricornid was
seen while unpacking my gear. Best meteor of the session was a fast yellow
-1 sporadic meteor that shot down through Ophiuchus.

This is probably my last observation until August 8 when we start our
summer meteor camp (http://www.orion-drustvodot si/specter2002e.html).

Clear skies!
Javor.

The summary: