[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) "Electrophonic" Fireball sound nonsense

At 08:27 PM 8/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I believe the 0.003uW/cm^2 RF background includes all frequencies.

To make a fair comparison, it's necessary to know what fraction is VLF and
what fraction is not.  If the ambient VLF background is 0.0003uW/cm^2, for
example, the argument that meteors cannot rise above the background noise
no longer holds.

What you write below is certainly possible, but I'm not convinced. One
thing is clear, though: Ft. Collins would be a great place for physicists
and psychologists to converge for a study of this phenomenon!