[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor grazer observability - LENOIDS

>For the Leonids the peak times are 4:03 and 10:40 UT so you
> need to work out the local times the Leonid radiant meets
> the elevation criteria given your latitude. For
> northern latitudes the duration is roughly one-half hour but
> at the equator this can last for up to 40 minutes.

Perhaps i could ask an amateur question.. from the prevoius post, i thought most earthgrazer activity would be in NE/Canada...  is it possible to see earthgrazers from first lenoid peak in South Carolina/North Carolina for example?  I guess i should not ask.. possible... but is there a signficant activity likely?

I ask partially because in 1998 i saw so many great earthgrazers here in Charleston, SC,... and i just hope to see some more like that one day-  (Ideally... i was hoping to go somewhere this year and to see earthgrazers from the first peak, and then, see the 2nd peak a few hours later... but perhaps that is not a realistic hope...)

thanks for any info-

Mark