[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) [Viewing Leonids from] Saudi Arabia

[EDITOR'S NOTE: David is not a current 'meteorobs' reader. If you wish
 to reply, MANUALLY place 'usadasmith@hotmail.com' in your "CC" list!
 Thanks,  -Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>]

Polite request for assistance.

I am a science teacher working at the British / Dutch School in Jeddah.

I would like to take a group of students and colleges out into the
Desert around the 19th November to watch the Leonids and maybe collect
some data.

1) Is there any point in this as the 'peaks' seem to be over US/Europe.
2) Which area of the sky should we watch?
3) Which date would be the best to go?

Most of the stuff on the web is Euro/US based.

I would really appreciate some advice and guidance on this.

Thank you for your time.

David Smith.