[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fw: [MetRec] Image intensifier equipment/software for sale

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Kreyche
To: metrec@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 11:00 AM
Subject: [MetRec] Image intensifier equipment/software for sale

Dear Meteor watchers,

Due to increased demands on my time (new child just about due) and
living in Seattle (worst astronomy viewing anywhere) I've decided to
sell my video equipment, in part or whole:

Military Night Vision Viewer, AN/VVS-2(V)1

Ideal image intensified video astronomy scope. This is essentially a
military night vision periscope that I've made minor adaptations for
video astronomy. It includes a first quality 25mm 2nd generation image
intensifier tube, with adjustable intensityI don't have specs on the
optics, but they are military quality and appear to be excellent. See
image samples on www.sundialarts.com. Images show Ursa Major so you can
easily get an idea of FOV, etc. Includes an adaptor plate that I built
so a video camera can easily be mounted. It could use some minor work to
add a tripod mounting bracket. Complete setup for image intensified
video astronomy, but video camera not included.

An additional 25mm 2nd generation image intensifier tube, MX-9644,
excellent quality.

Matrox Meteor-II card, and Matrox MIL Lite development software

Contact me for prices, further info, offers, etc. Due to potential
export restrictions, I will only sell the night viewers/intensifier
tubes in the US.

Thanks,

Tom Kreyche

tkreyche@well.com