[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Aurora Watch

Hi All,
  This just in. Load 'em up and good luck

Space Weather News for Oct. 26, 2002
http://www.spaceweather.com

Solar wind gusts have triggered auroras off and on since Oct. 23rd.  There
could be even more geomagnetic activity this weekend if a coronal mass
ejection (CME) sweeps past our planet as expected. The CME billowed away
from the Sun on Oct. 25th not long after a spectacular prominence
erupted--the movie on spaceweather.com is a must-see. Sky watchers should
be alert for Northern Lights after nightfall on Saturday and Sunday.

Regards,
Jim Gamble
El Paso, Tx Station-Sandia Meteor Detection Network
All Sky Camera System
31.47N 106.18W
gamble@peoplepc.com
http://www.geocities.com/desert_lights