[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Basic info on Leonids for new people!

> Good morning all....
>
> For those new people just joining the list, and wanting to know more about
> Leonids, here is some basic info!
>
> Want to know where Leonid star parties will be held across North America?
> Want to know what it's all about?
> [...]

Want to help meteor science with your meteor log?

Do not think you are not experienced enough for a useful
meteor report. The essential thinngs you may provide are
METEOR COUNTS FOR EACH MINUTE and a measure of the
sky quality. This is given as the LIMITING MAGNITUDE.

If you look at the Bull (Taurus) and see Aldebaran, you
can also spot the two "horns" of Taurus. The three form
a triangle. If you count the stars in this triangle
plus corner stars, you can report this number:
Limiting Magnitude: Taurus 10 stars

Now, if you give your name and location, you are ready
with a fully useful report!

North American data go to ................namn@atmob.org
from other locations .................... visual@imodot net

All the reports will be processed scientifically as usual
by the International Meteor Organization. Detailed activity
profiles are then compared with the models and help refine
them (http://www.imodot net/leo02/leo99pub.html).

Looking forward to receiving your data and wishing
good luck for Tuesday morning,

Rainer Arlt
http://www.amsmeteors.org/imo-mirror/leo02/

--