[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) History of Meteorobs

>> The History of the 'meteorobs' Mailing List...

 At the time, NAMN was managed as a single email alias on the computer of
 Mark Davis the cofounder and Coordinator.
 During the course of my communications with Mark that Spring, the need for
 an open-forum, automatically managed mailing list for amateur meteor
 observers in NAMN became clear. To meet this need, and with Mark's
 permission, I set up an automated mailing list using the publically
 available listserver software 'MajorDomo'. This list was
 called 'meteorobs'.<<

I just read Lew's "History of Meteorobs"....I find it somewhat amusing. In regards to NAMN, I'm really curious as to where in the heck I was and doing at that time? :o)
George Zay