[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Image-Intensified Meteor Video Options?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Oesper" <DaveOesper@aol.com>
Subject: (meteorobs) Image-Intensified Meteor Video Options?

> > Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:27:08 EST
>
> Does anyone sell a complete image intensified meteor video system?

    I believe Mike Palermiti has put such systems together.  I think you can
contact him at:  mpal@gatedot net for further information.  Putting together a
system is not all that difficult and a machine shop is not required.  All
you need is a fast lens to image the sky on the input screen of the
intensifier then use a camcorder with a macro lens to record the output
screen of the intensifier.  You can build this in a wooden box to experiment
with.  Better than a camcorder is a high resolution 1/2" ccd type security
camera with a transfer lens to image the output screen of the intensifier on
the camera ccd.  Recording can be done on a VCR, one with super VHS
recording capability is best.  The biggest expense is probably the
intensifier, especially if you buy a new one.  They are not cheap.

Ed Majden - AMS Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C. Canada.

Follow-Ups: References: