[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observation 22/02/2003

Hi Daniel and others,

If you are located in Germany, your data can be collected by
Juergen Rendtel (president@imodot net). His packages will then
be added to the main files of the Visual Meteor Database
(VMDB) by me. If you otherwise send them simply to
the meteorobs list for communication with other meteor
observers, I'll take the reports from here (your data will
then not appear in the German circulars though).

It is not necessary to send maps of plots. Best is to add
a meteor list to your report where plotting data are included
like:

#  TIME(UT)  MAG  VEL.  COLOR  SHOWER  TRAIN  XBEG YBEG  XEND YEND MAP  ACCURACY

as an extension of the NAMN report table. Please note that
the coordinates are measured from the lower left corner of
the map. Lower left when you see the map number upright.
This means some maps have x 0 - 350 mm, y 0 - 280 mm, some others
have x 0 - 280 mm, y 0 - 350 mm. The origin of the coordinates
of the _inner_ boundary of the map which is a thin line around
the star field.

Best wishes,
Rainer

--