[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radio Meteor Population Index

Robert,

> I know that the Population Index is an important element for visual meteor
> studies. I would like to contact anyone who has done or is interested in
> doing comparable studies on data from Radio Meteor recordings. Any

The population index is in fact a measure typical for visual
observations, since it refers to distributions versus stellar
magnitudes. Radio or radar observations might better go to
the streams mass index which is the distribution versus particle
mass. Some (older) papers can be found here:

http://www.imodot net/bib/anamas0.html

There should also be more recent works on that; one contribution
coming to my mind immediately is the computation of the seasonal
and diurnal variation of the sporadics' mass indes by Baggaley
presented on the Meteoroids conf in Tatranska Lomnica. Hm,
certainly not available online...

Best wishes,
Rainer