[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor's family poses puzzle - Intriguing!

----- Original Message -----
From: Leo S.
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 3:10 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor's family poses puzzle

Hello all,

I thought this may be of interest to the group :

Researchers have analysed the path of a fireball that exploded over central Europe in 2002, and shown the space rock responsible came from an almost identical orbit to that of a meteorite which fell to Earth in 1959.

http://news.bbc.codot uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3008063.stm

Anyone have any theories which might explain this puzzle ?
And... has a radiant been defined for this shower ?

Leo

Hello Leo,

That's very possible that the first one was a fireball, and the second one a meteorite. What's the puzzle on that them?

Well, in my opinion most brilliant objects in cosmos, such as fireballs, follow an orbit. Ins't that impossible the the first (1959), didn't fragment tottally. Very probably that part of that bolide kept  on its journey untill it ended up again over the the skies of Central Europe (2002) in the form of a shower.

Therefore, my opinion above is supported on the same as the Halley comet and the gravitational theory that rules the circled objects in outer space as well. Very possible that most answers can be contained also on its radiant. For instances, what rotation or clusters of stars did it possibly come from? But, again, I guess that it was a fireball. I can't find any another plausible relationship between one an other.

Again, a fireball that rushed the skies in 2002 is too early for being out of this discussion.

Clear skies,

Marco Valois

Follow-Ups: References: