From: Smillmail2@aol.com
To: mirage@gilanet.com
Cc: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 12:24 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) (no subject)

I'm in the rank amateur category too, Nevyn, and never will get to the level of expertise about these matters that some of the participants in this email list clearly have attained....but I've spent almost half a century with my eyes pealed on the sky (in the Borrowers Aloft, Pod noted that the family would be perfectly safe adrift in a balloon because humans never look up) day and night, and I've never had the plain dumb luck to see even one fireball...so empirically I'm guessing they are far from common as dirt....but with your current run of luck if I were you I'd get back out there every chance you get and stay away from the computer desk, where the chances of seeing another one, or documenting it to the satisfaction of the "pros" is slim to none.

Even at night, jealousy obviously has a green hue.  I think it is a shame if anyone doubts your great good fortune, or tries to dampen your enthusiasm.

Fair skies,

Susan

Follow-Ups: References: