[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Shower observations from Santa Fe, New Mexico

    Extremely disappointing!  I was in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Elevation 7,000 feet.  Liitle external light interference. Though the moon was indeed out, our skies were absolutely clear at about 1000 -1130 hrs UTC. It  appeared to me that the peak had been days earlier where I saw more Perseids.

    The Leonoids of 2001 were by far the most outstanding shower where we were seeing during its peak, about six meteors per minute. I await the Leonoids of 2003.

Regards to all,
Jose Alvarez