[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) details from recovery of Hermes...

At http://neo.jpl.nasadot gov/news/news140.html it details some of the
info about the recovery of the Hermes asteroid.

I note near the bottom "We now know that since it was last seen, Hermes
has made eight close approaches to the Earth and Venus to within 0.06
AU, including an Earth approach to within about 1.6 lunar distances in
1942."

So in ten close approaches (8 plus the 1932 and 2003 passes) it's been
spotted twice. That's a 20% detection rate.
Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins@mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/smkolins/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart! They that believe in vain
thoughts forsake their own mercy.