[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Predicting meteor shower

I have a question!  If you know the solar longitude from last years
tables of meteor showers, to predict the times of this years shower can
you just go to this years table of solar longitude at,

       http://amsmeteors.org/imo-mirror/solarlong/sol04.html

and locate the date and time of the shower for 2004 for example?  The
thing that confuses me is that the table of meteor showers I am using
show the solar longitude as "lambda (2000)"  which would imply that we
use the 2,000 table at,

       http://amsmeteors.org/imo-mirror/solarlong/sol00.html

I am sure some of you knowledged people would love to answer this
question for me.