[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) '98 Leonid rates

I went back and looked at my per-minute results and found the following.
      Nov 16/17, 1998 all times UT, and about 75 percent of a full viewing
area, but otherwise very clear, dark skies:

  8:17  1 Leonid
  8:18  1 Leonid
  8:19  1 sporadic
  8:20  0
  8:21  2 Leonids
  8:22  3 Leonids
  8:23  2 Leonids
  8:24  1 Leonid and 1 sporadic
  8:25  0
  8:26  1 Leonid
  8:27  1 Leonid
  8:28  1 Leonid
  8:29  2 Leonids, and
  8:30  1 Leonid

   Frankly, these rates are not as high as is often seen during a Perseid
shower.  The fireballs were better, however!  My guess is that you
encountered some random increase but it was not "real" in the sense of being
universally true for the shower.
   Anybody else have results to share?

   Pete Bias
   (also from sunny Florida)