[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Unknown meteoric stream

--- In meteorobs@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Slusarenko" wrote:

> My name is Slusarenko Vladimir, I the amateur of astronomy
> from Ukraine. In 2001 I have noticed abnormal activity of
> meteors, It was the spring, during same time the stream
> VIRGO operates. And so in night of supervision with
> 29,03,2001-30.03.2001 and 30.03.2001-31.03.2001.
>
> In constellation BOOTES near to star ALPHA BOO it has been
> noticed about 6 meteors. In 2002-2003 supervision were spent
> small activity it has been noticed. But for confirmation of
> opening it is necessary supervision still several observers.
> Provisional coordinates of a stream on an alpha 214 œ On
> delta +14 œ. In case of confirmation or a refutation of
> existence of a stream. The information to send on an
> electronic box.

The ALPO meteor shower list:

http://www.lpl.arizonadot edu/~rhill/alpo/meteorstuff/metshwr.html

includes ALPHA BOOTIDS (ABO), duration 04/14-05/12, maximum
04/28, RA 14:32 [218 degrees], Dec +19, radiant drift per day
3.6 degrees RA and -0.1 degree Dec; entry velocity 20 km/sec,
ZHR 2.  This would seem like a possible match, although you've
seen them a couple of weeks earlier than given on that page.

Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA

Follow-Ups: References: