[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Fireball Report 2004-03-30, Palo Alto, CA (fwd)

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    NAMN Fireball Reports <namn@atmob.org>
Subject: NAMN Fireball Report 2004-03-30, Palo Alto, CA
Date:    Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:43:23 -0500 (EST)

----

DATE: 2004-03-30
TIME: 03:48:XX UT

TOWN and STATE: Palo Alto, CA
ELEVATION: 25 ft.

LONGITUDE: 122.142671; LATITUDE: 37.428743

------

APPARENT PATH:

BEGIN: RA = 3.25h; DEC = 16
    or AZIMUTH = ; ELEVATION =

END:   RA = 4.75; DEC = -18
    or AZIMUTH = ; ELEVATION =  (North=360, East=90)

------

FIREBALL DATA:

APPARENT MAGNITUDE: -10 to -12 m
DURATION: 4 sec.
COLOR: bluish green with reddish orange tail

FRAGMENTATION:
some in tail

PERSISTENT TRAIN DURATION:  None, but bright skies with thin clouds and a 1st
quarter moon sec.

VELOCITY SCALE NUMBER: 2
(Note: 0=Stationary, 1=Very Slow, 2=Slow, 3=Medium, 4=Fast, 5=Very Fast)

SOUNDS:
none

SOUND TIME LAPSE:

------

WAS FIREBALL SIGHTED DURING A METEOR OBSERVING WATCH? NO

IF YES, THE OBSERVING PERIOD BEGAN AT:  UT
                         and ENDED AT:  UT

THE FIREBALL WAS A MEMBER OF WHAT SHOWER? unk

Please put any additional remarks, sketches, drawings, etc. below:
Most vivid colors I have ever seen in a fireball.  Musta been very bright.
Brightness estimate is just that since I am not accustomed to seeing things so
bright.  Far brighter than venus, but not as bright as the moon if all of the
moons output was concentrated down to a point (ie, no afterimage)