[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Observing Experiences

>>I've been reading with interest people's comments on
their meteor observing experiences. The weather here
in Northern Nevada has been bad pretty much the whole
month of April and it doesn't look like it is going to
improve before the Lyrids are gone. I'm really pretty
dissapointed about that but obviously there's nothing
I can do. Sooner or later the weather will clear, the
Moon will be out of the way and I'll get the chance to
observe some meteors again.<<
Robin, I'm near Sonora, California...dot it rained last night and this morning the skies are clear. The forecast for the remainder of the week will be fairly mild and clear. So you might have some good skies as well soon.
>> I don't care if the shower
is spectacular or not, I like them all. I like the
idea of contributing to our understanding of meteors
by recording and sending in my observations. <<
Well then, I think you will be enjoying yourself if you are satisfied with an active minor shower.
>> Lying on my back I've learned a
lot about cloud behavior, something that happens to a
much lesser extent during the daytime. <<
I have to...that they cause rain. :o) I think of clouds as large bubbles of moist air.
>>And I've even
gained insight into mosquitos - which species are
present and something about their activity cycles
during the night, a piece of understanding that
probably would not have come to me except through
observing meteors.<<
It doesn't take me long to know what a mosquito is up to. I now instintively swat them. :o)
George Zay