[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Dolidze 17 - Inst: 10" f/6 Newt

>Location of site: Florida Keys (Lat ~24o, Elev 0 ft)

Aahhh - the Keys! :) I'll guess these obs were done during the Winter Star
Party, Sue? Can't wait to get down to there in April myself! We're planning
five nights of camping in Long Key State Park (up above Marathon - it's a good
bit darker than the WSP site!) Nothing but the Lyrid meteor shower max and a 5"
f/5 refractor to keep us company. ;>>>

By the way, is anyone aware of any friendly people down there who might be
willing to loan or rent a good-size telescope to us during our stay? I grew up
down there, but long since lost any amateur contacts in the area...

>My most recent observations are sketches, and I don't have
>any way to post those.

I've often thought it would be great to start a central archive of deep-sky
sketches, too - after all, they are often "worth 1000 words", and are usually
far handier for visual observers than anything an imager can produce. Well,
share whatever written logs you can with us, Sue: your first few have already
been "doozies" indeed - and very welcome. :)

PS: By the way, if you send me the dates of your undated observations - along
with any other detail you want added - I'll put them in the archive. On the
DoDz and Tom clusters, I'll sort those out tomorrow: no problem!

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer