[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Self-introduction + eye vs CCD

There's no question the human eye and its scotopic vision are still far better
adapted to seeing certain contrast effects (and therefore certain details) than
any common imaging technique. I HAVE seen well-constructed montages of images -
for instance, stacking longer exposures with much shorter ones to form a "human
eye" view of deep-sky objects. This is in fact more common among photographers
than CCDers for some reason! But it is still very rare. Mean time, the sketches
and eloquent descriptions done by us atavistic, Dob-toting visual amateurs are
still among the best deep-sky products around.

My opinion only - don't repost to the "APML" or "CCD" lists! :)

Lew