[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Remember Epsilon Lyrae???

Hi, Paul - you ask some good questions regarding seeing.

It is of course more vital to multiple star observers than it might be to other
deep-sky enthusiasts... (Of course, for seeing very fine detail in any extended
object, seeing can become quite important too!)

I suspect some of the members of the astrophotography and CCD mailing lists
could give us good perspectives on seeing, though: and in fact, my statement
about post-sunset and post-midnight being the best for seeing comes from a talk
on basic astrophotography which I recently heard. :)

Which doesn't mean it isn't hearsay of course! What have others noticed about
seeing at various times, under various terrain and conditions?

Clear skies,
Lew