[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Colour in M27

Opening an old discussion thread may not be totally social but here goes anyway.
Last night (30/31 August). I was showing a novice observer some objects with
my 20". Among these was M27.
It was a hazy night with limiting magnitude below 5.5.
Looking at M27 with a low power (around 100), I thought I noticed a
reddish/brownish tinge around the edges of thre nebula. Without describing
it, I asked my companion if he noticed any colour. He said he noticed a
brownish tinge around the edge, which would tend to confirm the observation.
Any other reports of colour in this nebula?
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".
"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
 Enwrought with golden and silver light,
 The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
 Of night and light and the half-light, ....."
    He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven by W.B. Yeats