[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fwd re: (IAAC) German magazine Interstellarum

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 15:04:03 +0100
From: "Douglas B. Draa" <na1278@fen.baynet.de>
To: Art Russell <artrussell@mindspring.com>
Cc: netastrocatalog-announce@latrade.com
Subject: Re: [ASTRO] RE: (IAAC) German magazine Interstellarum

Art Russell schrieb:

>Owen Brazell of the Webb Society recently wrote to announce the
>demise of Interstellarum.
>
>Needless to say, the loss of Interstellarum, a Very Good deep
>sky magazine, illustrates for me the need to belong to the Webb
>Society, NDSOS, or ALPO, if you have an interest in any of these
>areas. Without a membership to support them they inevitabily fail.
>Suggest that if you aren't a member, you should consider joining
>at least one of these organizations, if only to get their
>publications. Moreover, you'll occassionally pickup something
>interesting along the way as well. Similarly, you might also
>consider contributing your efforts in helping out your local
>astronomy club as well.
>
> The Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers
>           http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/alpo
> The National Deep Sky Observers Society
>           http://www.erols.com/njastro/orgs/ndsos.htm
> The Webb Society Home Page
>           http://www.webbsociety.org
>
> Clear Skies!
> Art Russell
> Atlanta, Georgia

Hello!

Excuse me but the Death of Interstellarum is news to me. I'm a member
of the NAA(Nurnberg Astronomischesarbeitsgemeinschaft). And I just
Translated a few new webpages into English for IS. I understand that
the Mag. will be changed a bit. But The last I heard it still
exists. One guy who works a lot on it ( Ron Stoyan) is on a Study
trip to Mexico for 6 months. But I'm sure its not dead.

Doug Draa
Board of Advisors NAA

------- End of Forwarded Message