[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FW: 2 new Supernovae!

Art Russell wrote:

> Alan Goldstein of the National Deep Sky Observers Society sends along the
> latest on the new supernovas.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Art Russell
>
> Atlanta, Georgia
>
> mailto:artrussell@mindspring.com
> http://Education.gsu.edu/spehar/
>
> "I have noticed that when political controversy becomes excited, persons of
> choleric disposition and limited intelligence become rude."
> - Winston Churchill

I observed SN 1999cl in M88 last night (02:35 6/4/99 UT) with the 17" f/15
classical Cassegrain (118, 202, and 259x) at the ASH Naylor Observatory
(http://www.ezonline.com/ash/obs.htm) and it was considerably brighter than I
expected it to be.  Does anyone have a current magnitude estimate?

Dave Mitsky
ASH, DVAA

Follow-Ups: References: