[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Megastar and Sky Commander

This morning on a hunch I returned to both my laptop and Sky Commander and
reentered all settings only to find Megastar and Sky Commander workinging
flawlessly. Not being one to immediately blame "everything" on a computer
glitch, I'll assume the burden of "faulty headspace and timing" at some
point in last night's several efforts.

SUCCESSFUL CONFIGURATION:

Laptop: Comm Port 1 set to 2400 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.

Megastar (version 4.0.27): Communications setup: 2400 baud, 8 data bits, 1
stop bit, no parity. Sky Commander Setup: Digital Readout; Scope Alt/Az;
Polling delay 200 ms; Show Field Marker checked. Synch radius 5.0.

Sky Commander: Comm port set to 2400 baud.

Thanks to all those who pitched in with recommendations and suggestions.

Cheers!

Art Russell

Atlanta, Georgia

mailto:artrussell@mindspring.com
http://Education.gsu.edu/spehar/

"I have noticed that when political controversy becomes excited, persons of
choleric disposition and limited intelligence become rude."
- Winston Churchill